Peter N. Georgiades, Chairman of the Firm
- National Law Center, George Washington University
- Thirty Years of Experience in Trial and Appellate Work Before Federal and State Administrative Agencies and in the Courts
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Summary of Current Practice
Mr. Georgiades represents clients in administrative proceedings, trials and appeals in state and federal courts. He has been in the active practice of law since October, 1977. Specific areas of practice include:
- Contract Disputes / Collections
- Fraud, Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Unfair Competition
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation of Property
- Zoning Disputes
- Wrongful Discharge Claims
- Wage and Hour Claims
- Individual Tort and Personal Injury Claims
- Warranty Claims
- RICO Claims and Defense
- Firearms Licensing and Transfers
- COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA (1977)
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (1978)
- SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES (1981)
- ARIZONA (2009)
- Also admitted in Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal for the Second, Third, Fourth; Sixth, Eighth and Ninth Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal, and United States District Courts in Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, New York and Pennsylvania.
|THE NATIONAL LAW CENTER, |
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY(1974-1977)
Juris Doctor, 1977.CARNEGIE-MELLON UNIVERSITY (1969-1973)
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) 1973.
Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Editor-in-Chief, Tartan (Student Newspaper)
Board of Directors, Campus Chapter YM/YWCA
Counselor and Co-Director, Counseling and Crisis Intervention Center.
|Nov. 1998 –|
|GREYSTONE LEGAL ASSOCIATES, P.C.|
Chairman of small litigation firm. Practice concentrated in commercial torts, zoning, eminent domain, fiduciary relations and wrongful termination.
|Nov. 1993 –|
|WILE, GEORGIADES, HOMYAK & NORKUS, P.C.|
Principal in 7-attorney litigation firm with significant concentration in commercial torts and cases of breach of fiduciary duty.
|May, 1987 –|
|HESS, REICH, GEORGIADES, WILE & HOMYAK, P.C.|
Principal in 14-attorney firm. Predecessor firm to Wile, Georgiades, Homyak & Norkus, P.C.
|Jan. 1985 –|
|PARTNER, ROTHMAN, GORDON, FOREMAN & GROUDINE, P.A.|
Associate and partner at 30-attorney firm in Pittsburgh, Pa.
|Jan. 1980 –|
|ASSOCIATE, SAMUEL J. REICH & ASSOCIATES, P.C.|
Associate at 6-attorney litigation firm.
|May, 1977 –|
|GENERAL COUNSEL, ACTION ON SMOKING AND HEALTH (ASH) |
Associate counsel, later promoted to General Counsel, to public interest litigation group dedicated to the problems of smoking and health (Washington, D.C.)
|May, 1977 –|
|ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR, NATIONAL LAW CENTER, GEORGEWASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, WASHINGTON, D.C.|
Taught courses in Legal Activism and section of Administrative Law.
|Sept. 1984 –|
|INSTRUCTOR IN LAW, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF INDUSTRIAL|
ADMINISTRATION, CARNEGIE-MELLON UNIVERSITY.
Taught “Fundamentals of Law” course to M.B.A. Candidates and undergraduates.
- Allegheny Tower Associates
- Alloys & Coke Co., Inc.
- American International Resources, Inc.
- Keystone Alloys, Inc.
- New Garden Realty Corporation
- McDonald’s Corporation (real estate and zoning issues in Western Pennsylvannia only)
- North American Manganese Services, Inc.
When reviewed by is peers through the Martindale-Hubbell peer review system, Mr. Georgiades has been consistently rated “A/V” for legal ability and ethical standards. An AV® certification is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence. A lawyer must be admitted to the bar for 10 years or more to receive an AV rating. (To review the rating standards and the meaning of the “A/V” rating, please visit www.martindale.com).
Mr. Georgiades was also nominated and voted by his peers on to the list of “Pennsylvania Super Lawyers” in 2006, 2007 and 2008. Nomination to that list is a distinction granted to only five percent of the lawyers in Pennsylvania.
Representative Cases (Reported Opinions)
- eToll, Inc. v. Elias/Savion Advertising, Inc., 811 A.2d 10 (Pa. Super. 2002)(no tort cause of action in Pennsylvania for fraud committed in the course of performing a contract between business entities)
- Robert A. Miller v. Tony and Susan Alamo Foundation, 983 F.2d 856 (8th Cir. 1993) (interpreting attorney fee provisions of Internal Revenue Code)
- Nanette Kelley v. Alamo, 964 F.2d 747 (8th Cir. 1992)(interpreting Fair Labor Standards Act)
- Robert A.Miller v. United States, 831 F. Supp. 1340 (M.D. Tenn. 1992)(lien priority in judgment debtor’s property as between judgment creditor and I.R.S.)
- In Re Business Information Systems, Inc., 81 B.R. 382 (Bktc’y. W.D.Pa. 1986)(bankruptcy case dismissed where debtor attempts to use bankruptcy in lieu of supersedes bond to achieve stay of execution upon judgment)
- Gusdonevich v. Business Information Systems, Inc., 705 F. Supp. 262 (W.D. Pa. 1985) (interpreting Fair Labor Standards Act to apply to private investigators)
Significant Lectures and Speaking Engagements
- Staff Briefing: Legislative Staff, U.S. House of Representatives: “Cult-Related Litigation and the First Amendment” (April, 1997)
Sponsored By: Congress of the United States
- Lecture: “Cult Related Litigation – Problems and Tactics” (May, 1999)
Sponsored by: Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
- Lecture: “First Amendment Considerations in Cult-Related Litigation” (July, 2000)
Sponsored by: American Family Foundation
- Lecture: “The Law of Concealed Carry and Use of Deadly Force in Pennsylvania” (bi-annual, 2002-2008)
Sponsored by: Firearm Instruction, Research & Education (F.I.R.E.) Institute
Married. No Children. Excellent health. Hobbies include farming, motorcycling, firearms instruction. Competitive Judo player, currently ranked Nidan (black belt, 2nd degree) by the USJF.
Bar Association Activities and Affiliations
AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION
Member, Section of Litigation; Chairman, Subcommittee on Cult-Related Litigation, Committee on Personal Rights Litigation, Litigation Section (1983-1987); Member, Condemnation, Zoning and Land Use Litigation Committee (2003 – 2007).
PENNSYLVANIA BAR ASSOCIATION
Member, Section on Litigation.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA BAR ASSOCIATION
ALLEGHENY COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
Member, Federal Court Section.
ASSOCIATION OF TRIAL LAWYERS OF AMERICA (1992-2002)
- Christopher D. Moore,
American Intrnt’l. Resources, Inc.
104 Soft Shadow Lane
Venetia, PA 15367
- Arthur L. Goldstein, Esq.
505 Park Avenue, Suite 801
New York, N.Y. 10022
- James A. Braasch,
Alloys & Coke Co, Inc.
1932 Laurel Road, 1E
Birmingham, AL 35216
|EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, FIREARMS INSTRUCTION, RESEARCH and EDUCATION (F.I.R.E.) INSTITUTE,|
A not-for-profit, tax-exempt research and educational foundation.
|1980 – 2002||GREATER PITTSBURGH CHAPTER OF THE |
AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION,
Member, Legal Advisory Committee.
|1981 – 1982||“SUPREME PRESIDENT,”|
KARPATHIAN EDUCATION AND PROGRESSIVE ASS’N. OF AMERICA
President of the National governing body of cultural and educational organization for those whose ancestral origin is the island of Karpathos, Greece.
|1985 – 1994||AMERICAN FAMILY FOUNDATION, WESTON MASSACHUSETTS,|
Served on Legal Advisory Committee of National research and educational organization devoted to the assistance of victims of cults and authoritarian groups.
|1990 – 1998||CHAIRMAN, BOARD OF TRUSTEES,|
KARPATHIAN EDUCATIONAL TRUST,
Served on Board of Trustees of educational trust, granting scholarships to students of Karpathian descent.
Public Offices Held
|1991-1993||PITTSBURGH COMMISSION ON HUMAN RELATIONS.|
Human Relations Commissioner, appointed by the Hon. Sophie Masloff, Mayor of the City of Pittsburgh.
Comment: “Some Rigors of Our Times”
By Faye Stender
Vol. 4, No. 1, Cultic Studies Journal
(Spring/Summer 1987) p. 21.